MODERN CONCERT BAND
Band & Performers Regulations
- No restriction of education requirements.
- No restriction of nationality.
- No age requirements for performing members entry.
- Number of participants NOT below than 30 people, except Conductor.
- A performer can only be playing and representing ONE TEAM in each category, also not allow to join in Division 2.
- Performers must be student and studied at the same school or institute only.
- No restriction of nationality.
- Age requirements for performing members must NOT be over than 18 years old, born since 2002 (Count by year only) except Conductor.
- Performing members between 10-30 person (Group A), except Conductor.
- A performer can only be playing and representing ONE TEAM in each category, also not allow to join in Division 1.
How to Change Class
- After completed registration please send requirement letter to TWMC and allow to change class 30 days before competition date, after that not allow to change class in any case.
Band & Grouping (Based on Number of Participants)
- Group A : Less than 40 performing members.
- Group AA : 40 to 60 performing members.
- Group AAA : 61 to 80 performing members.
- Group AAAA : 81 to 100 performing members.
- Group A+ : 101 to 120 performing members.
- Group AA+ : 121 to 140 performing members.
- Group AAA+ : Over 140 performing members.
- Competition in seating not allow to march.
- Every Band must performance for Preliminary and Finals.
- Judging System sanction by AMBC, all classes are being judged by different criteria.
- The instruments allow to competition is Woodwind, Brass, Concert Percussion, Marching Percussion, Melodica, Bagpipe and other that suitable for this category.
- The band can select any suitable song.
- Music arrangement repertoire must balance between winds and percussion is concern to judge system.
- Electric instruments allow using.
- Amplifier band must prepare can not use from stadium system.
- A band is allowed five (5) minutes to set-up and warm-up anywhere in the performance Area (No Penalty).
- Prepare 5 set scores copy for judges review.
- Division 1 is allowed a performance time of 10 to 15 minutes (any song).
- Division 2 is allowed a performance time of 8 to 12 minutes (any song).
- Every team must waiting the announcement before start the show.
Band & Announcer Command
Step 1 : “Ladies & Gentlemen Welcome to the floor, from __
“Conductor ____________ Song____________
“The performance of 20XX Program ______
Thailand World Music Championships proud to present ______ ”
Start the Show….
The first sound by the band after the announcement will start count time to performance. If the first sound of performance has not occurred within 30 seconds of conclusion of the announcement, the timer will commence timing.
- Bands should completely vacate the performance floor within three (3) minutes of the end of the Performance (no penalty).
- Not allow to use Fire, live animal all the time when performance.
- The floor size is 18x20 Meters.
- TWMC will prepare 100 chairs and 50 music stands.
**** IMPORTANT NOTICE *****
Incase team register more than 3 teams each class or 6 teams overall must send VDO for qualified pass to prelims round at Sisaket.
- Send VDO (MP4) record your performance not over 5 minutes for preliminary round and send file via Google Drive to E-Mail: email@example.com
- Take VDO in landscape.
- For time requirements: 0.1 points per 3 seconds or fraction thereof.
- Any participants over age limit or over quantity of participants rules will not allow to join competition.
- For Division 1, 1 point deduction every 1 person less of the required minimum number. (e.g. If you only have 28 total members, will have 2 points deduction).
- For Division 2, Disqualification. Group can only compete once required number is meet, exceeding pax must be eliminated immediately.
Performance Area Diagram
Judging System sanction by Asia Marching Band Confederation (AMBC).
* Learn more AMBC judging system at www.ambc.asia
All participants will receive certificate in PDF file.
- Fill in the application form at. CLICK HERE
- Register Fee.
- Division 1 THB3,000 / Band
- Division 2 THB2,000 / Band
- Bank account for transfer registration fee.
Account No. 008-7004-008 / Saving Account
Account Name: Thailand World Music Championships
SWIFT Code: BKKBTHBK
Announced on 20/02/2020